Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Family

Daisy (Margo to Win)


Trudy to Win
Thanks to greyhound-data.com, I found pictures and information about some of Daisy's family members. For those who follow Daisy's tweets, you know that her sister, Trudy, is up for adoption. The family resemblance is strong. Both Trudy and Daisy have the white blaze on the front and adorable assymetrical white coloring around the nose. The chest coloring is identical. Both of them have never officially raced, so they are both technically undefeated! If there was a second greyhound in my immediate future it would definitely be Trudy. I bet she is as sweet as my girl is.
Trent Lee

As for the rest of the immediate family, no photos are currently available of Marissa to Win (mom) or Lennox to Win (brother). Lennox seems to be a strong racer and is still in the biz. The father, Trent Lee, is a black greyhound with white markings. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is where the kids got their coloring from.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun to check out the family tree? I loved getting to exchange letters with Dash's breeder and hear about his history back before he was mine. The first letter I got from her included photos and started out, "Let me tell you about the family. Please put these pictures up for Dash." And I did!

    I've heard that black greyhounds have a harder time getting adopted. I don't know why, I think they are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got info about Dash's past? That is so sweet and fortunate!! Yes, I have heard the same thing about black dogs AND cats, too. Probably based on subliminal superstitions of evil ;) So untrue! Ninja was the sweetest cat I've ever had and Daisy is a sweetie pie as well.

    ReplyDelete