Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hot dog!


Corny joke, but so appropriate. With the hot temps this past week it has been tough keeping my black doggy cow cool. Someone recommended a cooling vest. Basically a terry cloth cover that you wet down and wrap around your dog's body. Another fun suggestion was to freeze a bowl of water, that way the dog can lick it for hours while it melts. Anyway, by Sunday it had cooled down enough for Daisy to enjoy her weekly greyhound meetup at the dog park. Owners have noticed that she has changed so much. Daisy now trots around as soon as we come in, greets the other hounds and even shows interest in the other breeds. While she still keeps tabs on me, she no longer sticks to my side constantly. OK, she does a little but not nearly as much as she used to. During the visit, I turned around and noticed that Daisy had plunked herself down in the kiddie pool. It was so adorable, wish I was able to capture it. By the time I got over there she had already stood up. (By the way, notice the other dog with her. Doesn't it look like he is grinning ear to ear?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment