Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mischievous Daisy & the 4th of July

Daisy is SOOO coming out of her shell. That is a good and bad thing. Last weekend she found and ate: 1 lb bag of bulk treats, 1/2 cup peanut butter treats, 4 cookies and tore open a practically new 40 lb bag of dog food. She also enjoys chewing headbands, eating paper and relocating all my footwear. Fourth of July evening, she stretched her lanky frame and managed to grab my purse off the dining room table (it was near the center, not the edge) and emptied all the contents out. Must really dog proof the home now! She had lulled me into a false sense of security.

As for fireworks, my neighborhood was full of loud fireworks sounds and booms. Daisy seemed totally unaffected by them. Either she's deaf, seriously calm or was exposed to horrendously loud sounds at the racetrack. Maybe a combo of all three? Hoping it is her non-chalant nature, because of it, I can be at work all day with minimal separation anxiety. I am very lucky.

1 comment:

  1. So much for mild-mannered and polite, eh? She really is a food-motivated hound! It sounds like you and Daisy are having lots of adventures together!

    ReplyDelete