Sunday, August 1, 2010

Who knew orange could be so stylish?



Even though we've been having beautiful summer weather lately, I am already thinking about Fall coats for Daisy. After all, these dogs have little body fat. They get cold! I am inspired by the old racing silks. At one time, I believe these were the regulation color/number combinations for greyhound racing. How cool would it be to have a greyhound walking down the street with one of these on? Of course, it has to be practical. So I am designing a longer coat that will cover more of Daisy's body. The orange "5" is my favorite so I'm going to have one made from orange fleece, then have a "5" sewn on the side. Despite how I feel about the greyhound racing industry, it is where my dog's roots are. So this is a nod to her past.

No comments:

Post a Comment