Thursday, August 19, 2010

Adoption. Who chooses whom?

Misty aka "Mist Ya"


Out of curiosity, I checked out the available greyhounds on the GPI web site. Two of the four greyhounds that were shown to me are still available. Actually, there are still a couple greyhounds still there that were part of the same load that Daisy was in. Here are the two greys still available. Misty is 8 years old and was a brood mom. She had a successful racing career but to be honest, I was put off by her age. Money is not exactly flowing at this household and I was worried about vet bills. Sorry, dear Misty! The other dog is Alpern, look at that color and those eyes. She is such a shy girl that I almost think she was afraid of me. I thought she was sweet but we didn't have much of a connection. Alpern is 1.5 and has no registered racing name. GPI does a great job so I'm sure they will all find their forever homes, hopefully soon!
Alpern

Don't tell Daisy, but it wasn't love at first sight with her. I was neutral. I just wasn't sure about another black pet, since I had owned a black cat, Ninja, for years. I wanted to shake it up a bit! But the more time we spent together, the more I saw that she had already made the decision. I was her human! Daisy responded well to me and often came back for attention. The adoption reps noticed it too. A week later I brought her home! Here we are, three months later. Happy as can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment